Saturday, June 8, 2013

30 Faces in 30 Days

Motivation and inspiration, two requirements for creating that no artist can survive without. For motivation,I decided to challenge myself over the next month and so I borrowed from the idea of a "painting a day" to create 30 faces in 30 days. For inspiration, the human face, my favorite subject.  I find great intrigue in examining and creating the nuances of facial anatomy and expression. I began 6 days ago creating face jugs and mugs that have a classical appearance. I plan to stay with functional figurative work and to let the work evolve in a natural course over 30 days. I will post faces that I have completed every few days (in their greenware stage), in order to remain accountable and on task.
Here is a photo of the first six faces (two are face jugs, one is a double face jug, and two are face mugs).

No comments:

Post a Comment