Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Gulf Coast Mermaid


This little beauty has taken me a while to create. I wanted a different twist on a mermaid, so I did some research and came up with some different kinds of designs. This "Gulf Coast sea-maid" was inspired by our vacation to the Florida panhandle. She is hand sewn with upholstery thread (very strong stuff!). The hand sewing is necessary because she has to be stuffed as I sew due to all of her fins and spirals. Her wispy peacock feather filaments add a touch of the exotic. She comes with a little sea horse and she is the first in my 2009 Sea-maid collection.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece! Your work always leaves speechless!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on ebay. Simply amazing! The best mermaid creation i've seen! Alex ( metalworksfarm.etsy.com) Why don't you have some pieces in your etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete